Christian Marclay: The Clock is on view during regular museum hours. Admission to the exhibition is included with museum admission. There are several continuous screenings of the full 24-hour piece for all visitors, as well as additional special viewings for museum members.
Screening During Regular Museum Hours
Christian Marclay: The Clock is on view on the museum's fourth floor during regular hours from April 6 to June 2, 2013 and is included with museum admission. Admission to the exhibition is on a first-come, first-served basis, with no time limits. Demand is expected to be high; visitors are advised that queues should be expected. Follow @TheClockSFMOMA for estimated wait times.
Museum admission during regular hours is: Adults $18, Seniors (62 years and older) $13, Students (with current ID) $11, Kids 12 and under (accompanied by an adult) and SFMOMA members free; Thursday evenings (6:00 p.m. - 8:45 p.m.) half-price. Purchase advance admission tickets to SFMOMA online or in person at the museum.
General Exhibition Information
Visitors are advised that demand for Christian Marclay: The Clock is expected to be very high. Admission to the installation is on a first-come, first-served basis, and there are no time limits for viewers. Please expect a queue; wait times may be significant.
- Once inside the installation, visitors are invited to stay as long as they like. Seated capacity is 81 viewers at one time.
- Visitors leaving the installation for any reason will surrender their seat. Visitors may ask for a hand stamp to return to the front of the line for reentry within 15 minutes to allow for restroom breaks. The museum reserves the right to change this policy.
- Cameras, recording devices, cell phones, and other electronic devices may not be used in the installation and should be turned off or muted prior to entry. Visitors using electronic devices will be asked to leave the exhibition. If you must take or make an emergency call, please step into the hallway and alert an usher.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the exhibition at any time.
- Backpacks, large bags, and umbrellas must be checked at coat check on the ground floor.
- The Clock contains brief periods of nudity and strong language. Visitors bringing children should use their discretion.
- Due to limited seating capacity and expected queues, the purchase of a museum admission ticket does not guarantee entry into Christian Marclay: The Clock. Follow @TheClockSFMOMA for estimated wait times.
- Due to limited capacity, SFMOMA reserves the right to determine when the last ticket will be sold each day.
Christian Marclay: The Clock is organized by the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Lead corporate support is generously provided by the Charles Schwab Corporation.
Generous support is provided by Gay-Lynn and Robert Blanding, Jim Breyer, Kate and Adam Clammer, and Linda and Jon Gruber.
Additional support is provided by Lionel Conacher and Joan Dea; Pro Helvetia, the Swiss Arts Council; Carla Emil and Rich Silverstein; swissnex San Francisco; Jonathan Gans and Abigail Turin; and the Consulate General of Switzerland in San Francisco.