More Links and Info
This page provides supporting documents and complementary resources from both inside and outside SFMOMA. The “From SFMOMA” section links to the full versions of documents cited or excerpted in various areas of the project website and a publication that discusses SFMOMA’s Rauschenberg holdings more generally. The “Around the Internet” section links to external sites that offer useful information or further reading about Rauschenberg and his circle.
- Unpublished transcript of an interview with Robert Rauschenberg conducted by David A. Ross, Walter Hopps, Gary Garrels, and Peter Samis at SFMOMA, May 6, 1999
- Roni Feinstein, “Robert Rauschenberg: Engaging the Everyday,” in San Francisco Museum of Modern Art: 75 Years of Looking Forward (San Francisco: San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, 2009)
- Artist statement and press release issued by SFMOMA on the occasion of the museum’s 1998 acquisition of fourteen works by Robert Rauschenberg
- Transcript of an oral history interview with David White conducted by Richard Cándida Smith, Sarah Roberts, Peter Samis, and Jill Sterrett, 2009. Regional Oral History Office, The Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley
- List of preferred titles for the artworks featured in the Rauschenberg Research Project
Around the Internet
- Robert Rauschenberg Foundation
- Robert Rauschenberg: A Retrospective, 1997. Catalogue by the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, digitized by the Internet Archive
- Oral history interview with Robert Rauschenberg, December 21, 1965. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C.
- Gemini G.E.L. Online Catalogue Raisonné at the National Gallery of Art
- Black Mountain College Project
- Black Mountain College Museum and Arts Center
- Inside New York's Art World: Robert Rauschenberg and Leo Castelli, 1977. Video from the Duke University Libraries, Digital Collections
- John Cage reading On Robert Rauschenberg, Artist, and His Work at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art in 1965, via Archive.org
- The John Cage Trust
- Painters Painting: A Candid History of the New York Art Scene, 1940–1970, directed by Emile de Antonio, 1972.
- PBS American Masters: Robert Rauschenberg
Locations of Robert Rauschenberg's New York City studios and apartments
View Rauschenberg in New York in a larger map