Tours provide engaging and enjoyable opportunities to learn more about modern and contemporary art. Our tour offerings while SFMOMA is on the go include:
- Free public tours led by our friendly and knowledgeable docents.
- Audio and multimedia tours that allow you to explore SFMOMA's extraordinary exhibitions on your own, at your own pace.
- Mark di Suvero at Crissy Field: For audio and video about Mark di Suvero and his work, visit the exhibition mobile site at sfmoma.org/disuvero or text "sculpture" to 565-12. For audio commentary, dial 415.294.3609 and follow the prompts. Available in English, French, Spanish, and Chinese.
- Free tours for nonprofits. Docent-led tours are available to qualified nonprofit social service organizations. These tours are offered free of charge and can be tailored to your interests.
- SFMOMA Offsite: Community Conversations about Art. These talks, focused on current exhibitions and special themes and available for a small fee, are interactive presentations that include discussion, images, and videos of artists. View a list of current topics. To request a talk, call the Docent Tour Scheduling Office at 415.357.4095.
- Art Express Outreach Program. This program is designed for classes in kindergarten and higher. Docents travel to your classroom to lead a 45-minute discussion and hands-on art activity that introduces key concepts of modern and contemporary art to your students. The program is free of charge. For more information, email the Docent Tour Scheduling Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415.357.4095.
Docent Programs are made possible by generous support from the Acacia Foundation.