|Photo: César Rubio
Our drop-in public tours are a great way to get an introduction to the museum or to explore a particular artist or exhibition. Here's a sampling of our regularly scheduled offerings:
- Docent tours on rotating topics are offered four times each day (except Wednesdays), with an additional two tours on Thursday evenings. Free with museum admission.
- Spotlight tours bring artists' voices directly to visitors. Each begins with a short video clip of a featured artist and then moves into the galleries for viewing and discussion of his or her work. These tours take place at noontime on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and are free with museum admission.
- Family tours take place on the first and third Sunday of each month, in conjunction with Family Studios. Museum admission is free for families on Family Studio days, and there is no additional charge for family tours. For a complete listing of family programs, visit our Kids + Families page.
- Audio and multimedia tours allow visitors to explore the galleries on their own, and at their own pace. Explore SFMOMA's extraordinary collection and selected special exhibitions through a handheld touchscreen device — all on demand, interactive, and free of charge.
- SFMOMA Offsite: Community Conversations About Art is the museum's community outreach and speakers program. These talks, focused on current exhibitions and special themes and available for a small fee, are interactive presentations that include discussion, images, and videos of artists. For a current listing of topics or to request a talk, please call the Docent Tour Scheduling Office at 415.357.4095.
See the calendar listings below for more details, or inquire at the Information Desk in our Haas Atrium on your next visit to SFMOMA. We look forward to hosting you!