The new SFMOMA is now bigger and better for groups. Visiting with a group of 10 or more? Receive special rates, skip the admission line, and request a private guided tour through Group Sales.
Group Sales Policy
Groups of 10 or more save approximately 15% on general admission tickets. Explore on your own or add one of our private guided tours.
Group General Admission
|Age 18 and under
Surcharged exhibitions are subject to additional fees.
One-Hour Private Guided Tour + Group Admission
Special Exhibition Tour
Surcharged Exhibition Tour
|Age 18 and under||$14||$18||$23|
One-Hour Private Guided Tour Minimum Charge
Gallery Tour Min.
Special Exhibition Tour Min.
Surcharged Exhibition Tour Min.
*Valid for membership levels: individual, dual, and supporter. Contributor and above, please contact email@example.com. For SFMOMA Corporate Members the minimum charge is $450 for a private guided tour. SFMOMA members must retrieve their admission tickets and/or guest passes separately, by phone, online, or onsite at the Membership Desk. Only private guided tour charges will be processed through Group Sales.
Choose one of the following private guided tours. (Special exhibition tours are available on rotation.)
- Painting and Sculpture Collection
- Doris and Donald Fisher Collection
- SFMOMA Architecture
- SFMOMA Highlights
Group Ticket Guidelines
- Online booking for a Group Visit is a request. A confirmation email will be sent after availability is confirmed and payment is made.
- Group discounted rates apply to 10 or more paying guests for general admission only.
- The entry time is for access to the galleries. Once you are inside, you are welcome to stay until closing.
- The cost of your group tickets cannot be applied to the purchase of a membership.
Groups with Kids
- At SFMOMA, all visitors 18 and under are free! This includes groups, too. For large groups of teens/children, tickets may be booked by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The group discounted rate applies to purchases of 10 or more full-price admission tickets. Those who are granted complimentary admission cannot be counted towards the group minimum.
- School groups must be reserved online through the Education and Public Practice Department, subject to availability.
- Following full payment, the group leader will receive an order receipt. Tickets will be printed in-house and available for pick up upon proof of purchase.
- In some cases, we may be able to print and distribute tickets to the group leader before your arrival day. Please contact the Group Sales team for details.
- Individuals within the group who have received age-dependent discounts (under 18, 19–24, and seniors) should be prepared to show proper identification if asked by a staff member.
Private Guided Tours
- Each gallery tour can accommodate up to 25 people. (If you have a larger group, don’t worry; we are happy to schedule multiple tour guides.) Special and surcharged exhibitions can accommodate up to 15 people; capacity is subject to change.
- Depending on tour preference, we may need to stagger your start times by 15 minute increments.
- The group leader is responsible for dividing a large group as prearranged with the Group Sales team.
- There is no minimum number of people required to request a private guided tour.
- For gallery tours, the minimum charge is $350 for the general public and $250 for SFMOMA members. For special exhibition tours, the minimum charge is $400 for the general public and $300 for SFMOMA members. For surcharged exhibition tours, the minimum charge is $450 for the general public and $350 for SFMOMA members. For SFMOMA Corporate Members the minimum charge is $450 for a private guided tour.
- Each tour is one hour in length. Groups are welcome to arrive prior to the tour start time, and are welcome to stay in the museum until closing.
- Extended tours lasting more than one hour can be arranged for an additional flat fee of $200 per hour/per guide ($100 for SFMOMA members), pending availability.
- Your group has a reserved tour start time. Please allow at least 30 minutes before your reserved time to check in and distribute tickets so you are ready to enter the galleries at your reserved time.
- The group leader is responsible for ticket pick-up and distribution. We are unable to hold tickets for late arrivals within the group.
- If you have a private guided tour, it is important to arrive on time.
- Due to other schedules within the museum, your tour guide may have to provide an abbreviated tour if you arrive late.
- If you arrive more than 30 minutes late, we cannot guarantee your private guided tour can be given, and you forfeit the cost of the tour.
- Each of our guides is a professional art historian, specially selected to be an SFMOMA private tour guide.
- The goal of each tour is to make your group feel great about modern art and SFMOMA. Let us know ahead of time if you have any special requests, and we will work to tailor the tour content accordingly.
- Please note that only SFMOMA staff and volunteers are authorized to speak to groups. Outside lecturers are not allowed.
- Professors from accredited institutions may request to lecture to their classes in the galleries by contacting our Education and Public Practice Department at email@example.com.
Language and Accessibility
- All tours are conducted in English.
- Some SFMOMA private tour guides are fluent in other languages, and may be scheduled pending availability.
- Assistive listening devices and induction loops for private guided tours are available free of charge upon request, pending availability. Advance reservations are highly recommended.
- For more information, check out Accessibility at SFMOMA.
Last-Minute Tour Requests
- Contact Group Sales to book private guided tours less than 14 days prior to your visit, pending availability and a $100 nonrefundable service fee. Full payment is required before arrival day.
- SFMOMA’s administrative offices are open Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. PST. The Group Sales team is available for requests during this time.
- Group tickets may be reserved and paid in advance by credit card or check.
- Groups who opt to pay in advance must pay in full no later than 14 calendar days prior to the visit date or 30 days from receiving an invoice; tickets are released back into inventory if payment is not received by this time.
- Group admission rates are available for day-of walk-ins, based upon availability.
- The group leader is responsible for the entire amount due; group members may not pay individually.
- Private guided tours must be booked and paid in advance by credit card or check no later than 14 calendar days prior to the visit date or 30 days from receiving an invoice.
- $100 nonrefundable service fee will be applied to any private guided tours booked less than 14 days prior to your visit. Full payment is required before arrival day.
- For gallery tours, the minimum charge is $350 for the general public and $250 for SFMOMA members. For special exhibition tours, the minimum charge is $400 for the general public and $300 for SFMOMA members. For surcharged exhibition tours, the minimum charge is $450 for the general public and $350 for SFMOMA members.
Cancellations, Refunds, and Exchanges
- All prepaid ticketing and private guided tours are nonrefundable.
- You may add tickets based upon availability no later than 14 days prior to your reservation date.
- Before your visit, ask members of your group to download the free SFMOMA app on your Apple iOS device. During your visit, you can access free audio content to enrich your experience.
- Free Wi-Fi is provided throughout the museum.
- Charging stations are available for visitors on Floor 1 near the Phyllis Wattis Theater.
- If you do not have an iOS device, you may rent an audio device at the Ticketing Desk on Floor 2 ($6 general; $3 SFMOMA members/those 18 and under).