Gain hands-on experience at a top tier art museum.
The internship program at SFMOMA is one of the museum’s highest priorities. I was made to feel like an integral part of the museum’s mission and to be proud of our upcoming projects. It’s a far cry from fetching coffee and shredding paper.
If you’re interested in becoming an SFMOMA intern, check out our current opportunities. Our interns get a behind-the-scenes look at the day-to-day operations of one of the country’s leading modern and contemporary art museums. We offer internships across most departments, from Curatorial to Education to Development.
SFMOMA’s passionate and generous interns are indispensable to achieving our goals as a museum. Join this group of talented individuals and contribute your time while gaining skills and a working knowledge of the museum world.
Intern benefits include:
- Free admission to the museum, and the museums that SFMOMA is currently partnering with
- Participation in special educational programs with today’s preeminent artists, curators, and thinkers
- 10% Museum Store discount
- Behind-the-scenes museum tours, including curatorial walkthroughs of new exhibitions
- Use of the SFMOMA Library
- Invitations to special activities and members-only previews
- Tax deductions for transit and transportation expenses such as mileage, tolls, and parking