Summer Internship (Paid)
Our summer internship is a full-time, ten-week paid program for undergraduate and graduate students. It includes training, direct work experience, professional development, and a mentorship program that connects current interns with former interns on staff. Participating interns will receive a stipend of $5,000.
The 2018 summer internship runs June 11–August 17 and includes a welcome breakfast with senior leadership, weekly curatorial tours, Lunch + Learns with several departments, as well as visits to SFMOMA’s other campus facilities. Applications for the summer 2018 internship close February 18, 2018.
- $5,000 stipend for full participation
- Weekly speaker series (Lunch + Learns) featuring museum professionals in several departments
- Field trips to other cultural institutions
- Discounts at SFMOMA restaurants and retail store, invitations to exhibition openings, and free admission to San Francisco museums
- One-on-one mentoring and career workshops
- Priority consideration will be given to rising juniors and seniors at accredited undergraduate programs
- Certain positions may require graduate-level training and/or professional experience, noted in the department descriptions