A job that reflects who you really are.
Why work here?
When you join our team, you’ll find a culture of connection and creativity. Together, we aim to make art a vital and meaningful part of public life. Our benefits package provides health care, wellness, retirement planning, and financial resources for you and your family. But we believe the most compelling reason to work at SFMOMA is the unique spirit of our staff. “The people” is the number one reason our employees love their work.
A few of the perks for all SFMOMA staff:
- Complimentary SFMOMA membership
- 30% off at the SFMOMA Museum Store and Artists Gallery
- 20% off gift memberships for friends and family
- Wellness programs such as on-site massage, yoga classes, ergonomic evaluations, fitness center discounts, and seminars on health and wellness
- A commuter program that sets aside pretax dollars to offset the costs of getting to work
Regular staff (working 21 hours or more per week) are eligible for:
- Medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Enrollment in an organization-sponsored retirement plan
- Flexible spending accounts that set aside pretax dollars for health care and child care expenses
A job with a view.
We’re located in the heart of San Francisco, and our offices look out onto the city’s skyline. We have three staff terraces where you can take one of the world’s most scenic coffee breaks or grow tomatoes — it’s your space to use.
What’s it like to work here?
“Art transforms, inspires, and connects people. My coworkers and I bring a huge variety of perspectives and experiences to SFMOMA, while sharing a common belief in the power of art, and a drive to help our museum mean more to more people. Engaging, challenging, enriching — working here means feeling like part of a wonderful resource for the community.”
—Clara Hatcher Baruth, communications manager