- SFMOMA’s #PlayArtfully digital campaign was presented with the Gold MUSE Award in the Digital Communities category at the 2015 American Alliance of Museums (AAM) Annual Meeting.
- SFMOMA’s Where Art Can Take You: Transforming SFMOMA microsite was also presented with the Gold MUSE Award in the Public Outreach category.
- An innovative campaign focusing on ideals of playfulness and generosity, #PlayArtfully engaged audiences online and in the real world with accessible, fun, shareable games that inspired participants to think creatively, and to see art in the everyday world.
- The Where Art Can Take You: Transforming SFMOMA microsite tells stories of the changing museum as it redefines itself during the closure. Using a narrative format supported by immersive imagery, detailed architectural renderings and behind-the-scenes video, future.sfmoma.org reveals the spirit of the new SFMOMA, a museum where the art for our time is made accessible to people of all backgrounds.
WHEN/WHERE: Honors were awarded Sunday, April 26 in Atlanta during AAM’s Annual Conference.
ADDITIONAL NOTE: #PlayArtfully was also awarded an Honorable Mention at the Museums and the Web annual conference; Where Art Can Take You was awarded an Honorable Mention at the annual Webby Awards.
- #PlayArtfully: Linda Butler, marketing manager, SFMOMA
- Where Art Can Take You: Keir Winesmith, head of web and digital platforms, SFMOMA